This Friday, July 27th, I kick off the virtual book tour for my 10th book, You Don’t Want a Job: Why Self-Employment Reduces Your Risks & Increases Your Rewards. It’s the latest Little Purple Book even though it’s orange.
I’ll be posting links to all the tour stops as they go live and I hope you’ll join my hosts and me.
Here are all the stops, newest on top:
- August 16th — Tom Bentley’s Write Word: The Rhythm Method (Or, Why Self-Employment is Better Than, Um, Chocolate) — Tom inspires me to lunacy. I like it.
- John O’Leary’s Business Lessons from Rock — My guest post, Dick Dale Rages, Music Goes Indie, and Why You Don’t Want a Job, talks about the lessons entrepreneurs can learn from what indie musicians have been doing for a decade.
- August 10th — Caitlyn James’ Imagining Better: I titled it In a Financial Utopia There Are No Jobs but Caitlyn gave it her own title: Guest Joel is Wrong. You should weigh in on the brouhaha. You should.
- August 9th — At the blog of author James Ashman: Bread and Circuses: Toto, We’re Not in the 30s Anymore
- August 7th — At Rex Williams’ blog, Why Aren’t You Fascinated Any More? Rex is fascinated by curiosity. He’s writing an entire book about it. This post connects curiosity with the choices we make.
- August 6th — Why the Entrepreneur’s Life Makes Psychological Sense at Shanna Mann’s Change Catalyst. It’s a pat on the back for those already converted.
- August 3rd — Chief Virtual Officer, You Don’t Want a Job and I’d Like to Tell You a Few Reasons Why
- August 2nd — Stephanie Chandler’s Business Info Guide: 3 Reasons a Job is Unsatisfying & 4 Ways You Can Avoid Them (If you can come up with a better title I’d love to hear it. This one’s descriptive, but a little unwieldy.)
- July 31, 2012 — Guest post at Mark McGuinness’ Lateral Action titled “4 Ways Self-Employment Is Less Risky than Getting a Job” There’s also an article about my Lateral Action column written by Marissa Brassfield at PayScale: Is Self-Employment Less Risky Than Getting a Job? Marissa gets the point that artists are ahead of others as far as how to do business in the new age. She says “Canfield’s final point is perhaps the most salient: self-employment places a greater value on your time and effort.” I say “Amen to that.”
- July 31, 2012 — Video Interview with Nathan Agin of Nonstop Awesomeness discussing “You Don’t Want a Job – and Here’s Why…”
- July 30, 2012 — Internet Radio Show interview with Brian K Wright at Success Profiles Radio. You can download the transcript as a PDF here: [download id="1"].
- July 27, 2012 — Summary by Chris Taylor at Actionable Books
…with one more to go: Tom Berarducci’s What Not to Do in Business.
As each post goes live, we’ll post a link here. Come on back to see what’s brewing! (And don’t forget to order your own copy, eh?)