I’m married to an author. I work with an author. In fact, many authors. In my work for Someday Box I’ve worked with a dozen authors or so this year. In my virtual assistant business I’ve worked with another dozen or so this past year. So I know quite a bit about authors.
If you are married to an author, you know authors can have their quirks.
- They’ll jump out of the shower, still dripping wet, to grab their phone and record a quick snippet of a scene they’ve been struggling to write.
- Sitting in a business meeting, the author will suddenly excuse himself and you’ll see him in the hallway jotting down a note. He just thought of a great ending to the next chapter of his novel.
- Visiting with friends over dinner he whispers one sentence in your ear. You quickly make a note in the notepad you always carry with you of the exact wording of the sentence. It’s critical to the ending of the mystery.
- You are rousted out of a sound sleep because the excited author can’t wait to tell you about his great idea for the next mystery novel he’s writing!
- The list could go on and on…
I’ve had my own dreams about being a writer. I suppose everyone dreams of writing a book. I started a short novel when I was a teenager. I even worked on it some again a couple of years ago. I have co-authored a business book with my husband Joel. Maybe “someday” I’ll actually finish my little novel. For now I’m busy with my family, raising our little one, and being married to an author. That in itself is a full-time job. And I love it!