Here are six tools my clients and friends have found effective in combating writer’s block, fear, Resistance, the lizard brain; whatever you like to call it.
- Environment—Make the place you create your art a place you enjoy being.
- Schedule—Habit and ritual give you power when courting the Muse.
- Timer—You can do anything for 5 minutes.
- Pre-Writing—Starting comes before finishing.
- SMART Goals—You know what they are, but you don’t use them in your writing—yet.
- Finding Why—Knowing your true motivation for writing and keeping it top of mind is like having motivation on tap.
Let’s discuss each of these in detail, eh?