Here are some things you believe:
- Your conscious brain makes decisions
- Those decisions are based on reason
- Emotions prevent good decision-making
- Your unconscious manages systems (breathing, circulation, digestion) but stays in the background, except maybe when you’re dreaming
- Memory is the act of accessing recordings of sights and sounds stored in your brain
- Memories are accurate, because they’re recordings
- While things can be forgotten, you can’t remember things that never happened
- Memory is a purely mental function, happening only in your brain
- If you don’t remember something it doesn’t affect you
- Willpower is how things get done
Guess how many of those are true?
Did you guess zero?