Pressfield nails it again. Today’s post is about finding why, about asking yourself why you write, what you expect to happen.
And it’s about letting go of the stuff you simply cannot control.
He suggests asking yourself these questions:
- Was this a worthy effort?
- Did it call upon you to give more than you believed you had in you?
- Did you conduct yourself honorably in the enterprise?
- Did you give it all you had?
- Did you succeed according to your own standards, the measures that only you know and only you can define?
I intend to market A Long, Hard Look as well as I can.
I intend to accept whatever level of commercial success it achieves, because I can answer “yes” to those 5 questions, and that’s what matters.